Monday, August 08, 2005

August Evening Ride

I finally had time to try out my mount after having the bottom bracket replaced. I usually ride in the a.m. but since this was Sunday I decided to try an afternoon/evening ride. Very few people were on the trail, and the weather was picture perfect. The photo was taken heading west from Ridgeland Ave. towards Harlem Ave. showing the tree tunnel that surrounds the trail.

The signs of fall are on the horizion. Apples and choke cherries litter the trail. Soon come the dreaded walnuts in there green husks. Dangerous to the welfare of all cyclists, either by being crowned on the head, or hitting one on the trail. I've listened to a few stories from seasoned riders, on their meetings with these hard rock like hazards. Many a fall is attributed the mighty walnut. So beware!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home