Wednesday, July 13, 2005

New Experience

Humid day with a mild breeze from the Northeast. Had some rain over night. Starting from Schoolhouse Road the trail was damp to wet in spots. As I progressed out of the tree tunnels, the trail became dry with a few puddles here and there. Some light derbis from the trees littered the trail. Nothing major.

I made my turn around at the I-57 overpasses, and was on my way back when I heard a decisive "Pop", and as I peddaled on my inner sense told me that that didn't sound good! Either something broke or I picked up something off of the trail and it got wrung around my rear wheel. So I stopped to find out what the sound was. I looked and didn't see anything. I lifted the rear wheel off of the ground, and spun it. Whoa, I said. The rear wheel was out of true, and on my pre-ride inspection it was ok. I started checking spokes and sure enough, one broke. I wrapped it around another two spokes and away I went.

I was 7 miles from my transportation, and was hoping that this didn't repeat itself on the way back. I didn't rip up the asphalt on the rest of the ride and slowed down, especially on the hard bumps. No problem, and off to LBS for repair. One thing to keep in mind about the summer moths is if you want it fixed at a LBS, it might be a couple of days before you get it back. Summer is premimun repair months and many are really busy, don't put it off until the day you want to ride. At least give them a call to see how long the repair will take.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home