Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Fanny pack and toolbag...

I wear fannypack for my personal accessories, and valuables. I carry my wallet, cell, and sunblock for convenience. This way they stay with me, and I don't have to "dig them out" of my seat bag when I need to use them. You don't have to carry a wallet, maybe you only need an ID. I like to carry a little cash, for a Power Bar if I need it, and some extra water when necessary. When my soul mate rides with me, it's used for butter pecan ice cream inside a chocolate waffle cone, at "The Creamery" in Frankfort. They have some good tasting ice cream!


I think my tube and toolbag, cost me $3.00 on sale at Dave's bike shop. Shop around, I do. It was a small seat bag, and I placed it on the handlebars, and wrapped the strap around the headset, as pictured above. I do not promote any one bike shop. I was there and it was a reasonable buy. It worked for our two bikes at a total cost of 6 dollars. I think all of our LBS have something to offer, and I visit them all, from time to time. Nashbar and REI are also some good on-line web sites to shop at. Looking doesn't hurt.

What I mentioned here works for me, you might have different needs, and ideas. Make a list of what you think you need, and then figure on how to carry it. Basic things at first. Find a bag to fit these items into. Your needs will probally change as you ride more often.

I truck my bike to the trail, and keep a towel inside for the unexpected times in the rain. Keeping a clean t-shirt handy is also a good idea. Extra water in your vehicle is also a good idea. If you get wet on the trail and have to drive home, you will really appreciate the towel and extra shirt. Nothing like wet clothes to have on, when you sit in you seat to drive home. The trail tracks up your back does wonders for the upholstery. :-)

Don't get stuck on the trail with out a plan. Now is the time to think about it. Not when your broke down. Good planning gives you ease of mind, and makes the experience more enjoyable. most of all have fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home